Pages

Friday, July 29, 2016

Weekly email -July 5th - I'm going going, back back to Folsom Folsom

Well I'm officially starting my final transfer! 13th transfer, 14th
companion & 6th area. Seriously my mission has been so crazy!! But I
wouldn't have it any other way.

I can't even explain how happy I am to be finishing my mission in
Folsom! Last week we got the call that Sis Lillie would be training in
Rescue & at first I was so sad, because I love it here. But then later
in the week I got the call that I'm white-washing/shot gunning
(whatever you kids call it now a days) 2 wards in Folsom that have had
elders forever! & I'll be able to see my fav members from el dorado
hills!!! My new companion is Sis Adam. She's from St George & she's so
sweet! She's so kind & im just loving life. So yeah Heavenly Father
loves His children. Still super sad I won't be able to teach Jana
anymore, but she's so solid for baptism so it's aight.

I have so much to write about this week & I'll do my best to
summarize. I only have 5 more weekly emails so they gotta be good. ;)

K first of all, we had the most amazing lesson with the part member
family I talked about a few months ago (The Linns) he's a member-grew
up in the church, his family is all active but he isn't. Sad. & his
wife isn't a member! Anyway we talked to them all about The Book of
Mormon & just testified with all our hearts. & they said they would
both read it & they were so excited! The spirit was just so strong &
it was one of the most powerful lessons I've been in.

Okay also this we had this way cool experience at the temple. There's
a recent convert in our Ward named Jacob, who got baptized about 3
months ago & he was able to take his dad's name to the temple & be
baptized for him! It was such a cool spirit there. Temples are such a
blessing & it made me realize how grateful I was that I live so close
to one & was able to do baptisms for the dead growing up. Never take
that for granted!!

Anyway I hope you all had an awesome 4th. Oh I got to celebrate Canada
Day because I had a Canadian companion! We had this stuff called
"Poutine" for dinner which is basically French fries with gravy &
cheese? Haha it was cool. But I am just so grateful for America & this
beautiful country we live in! We are soooo blessed! I would rant more
about my love for America, but this is already long! So yeah God Bless
America. I'm proud to be an American! Keep on keeping on! Read your
scriptures, say your prayers & CTR❤️💙

Love always,
Sis Sobotka


No comments:

Post a Comment