Pages

Friday, July 29, 2016

May 30th - Weekly Email - Mountain Man

Hi everyone!

Okay first of all... HUGE SHOUT OUT TO TAYLOR FOR WINNING THE BASEBALL
STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! Seriously I'm so proud of you:) all those years
of countless baseball tournaments finally payed off ha!

Anyway this week has been really good! So I'm serving a little town
called "Rescue" it is SO RURUAL. Basically everyone lives on 5+ acres
of land. The people here are straight up mountain men. You know how
you hear of those mountain people with beards & never wear shirts &
play the banjo on their porch in a rocking chair out in the middle of
no where while drinking beer? Yeah that's exactly how it is here!!
They all have horses & pigs & goats haha it's crazy. We drive a cute
little jeep up here & everything is just so spread out. But I
absolutely love it!! It's gorgeous & people are so kind.

We have some super sweet investigators who are all doing awesome! We
had kinda a rough week because basically all of our investigators were
outta town for memorial weekend, but they all come home this week
woohoo.

My companion, Sis Morales, is one of the sweetest people! We get along
really well & im just so grateful to be here. She doesn't have a bad
bone in her body. I love her!

This week I've been thinking a ton about how amazing it is that we
have the opportunity to bear testimony of Christ everyday. Today I
read 2 Nephi 25:26 "And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we
preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our
prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look
for a remission of their sins."  & how grateful I am to testify of my
savior Jesus Christ! Also so glad that I live in America. I've been
thinking about that all day since its Memorial Day & I'm so grateful
for the people who have laid down their lives on our behalf that we
have religious freedoms & that I'm able to be out here sharing the
Gospel with people. I hope you all know how blessed we are to be
living in this beautiful country! I love America. 🇺🇸

Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful week & remember to be an
example of Jesus Christ in all that you do.

Love always,
Sister Sobotka

Sorry no pics

No comments:

Post a Comment