Pages

Monday, April 25, 2016

The Church is Ture, The Book is Blue

Hello Everyone!

This week has been full of trying to find people to teach! Woohoo!
Haha well remember the couple I talked about last week? We had the
lesson all set up & everything was ready, we had this other active
couple going to the lesson with us & everything was going to be
perfect. Then we got a text from Charity (the less active member)
cancelling on us! I was so upset. Anyway we've been trying to get in
contact with her but they've been super "busy"

Since I've been on my mission I've come to really dislike the word
"busy" people are always "too busy". There is a quote hanging in the
relief society room of the church building I go to right now that
says, "if you are too busy to read your scriptures, pray, or go to
church you are way busier than God ever intended you to be" ain't that
the truth? I know people have other obligations & lives & all that,
but shouldn't Heavenly Father be our first priority?

Anyway one day we were biking down the street this week & we street
contacted this guy who wasn't interested at all, but was super kind &
gave us Popsicle's so that was nice. We also got this referral from
other missionaries this week for a cute old couple. We knocked on
their door & this super sweet old lady answered with "well hello
beautiful wonderful messengers of God" I almost fell over because I
don't think anyone has ever said anything that nice to 2 random
missionaries standing at their door! She invited us right in & poured
us ice cold water & gave us cheese & crackers on these fancy China
plates. She was treating us like celebrities I was so excited! Anyway
we started talking to her & her husband about their religious
background, both Catholic, but both have relatives that are extremely
active LDS members, they have been to primary programs & baptisms &
even the Sacramento temple open house, but they weren't interested in
the slightest:( but I had a copy of The Book of Mormon with me that
had a testimony written in there from a 5 year old girl named Mandy.
It was the sweetest thing. It said "I know the Book of Mormon is true
& helps me everyday. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen" even though it
was super simple & written in crayon, It really touched my heart. I
loved the simplicity of that testimony. & how I also know The Book of
Mormon is true & it helps me everyday! I've been able to read The Book
of Mormon multiple times while I've been on my mission & have been
able to testify of its truthfulness almost everyday. It is such a
blessing to have this book of scripture here in our day. I was able to
bear my humble testimony to them & to leave them with that copy.

We got to go to the temple this week & do an endowment session & it
was the biggest tender mercy. I am so grateful to have a temple in my
mission! It has been such a blessing.

The rest of the week went well! The Laguna Creek 5th ward has the most
amazing members who take such good care of us missionaries & each
other. I really think another reason why Heavenly Father wanted me to
go on a mission is so I could learn from the members of the wards
where I have served. I have been so amazed & touched by the members
examples of charity & love toward the people around them & it's helped
me learn how to be a better member when I get home. I know I say this
in almost every email but I love being a missionary so much. It has
truly been the most amazing experience & I've learned lessons here in
Sacramento that I would've never learned if I was still in Provo going
to school. I have truly been so blessed to be here.

I hope you all have a great week & aren't "too busy" to take the time
to do the important things! CTR❤️

Love always,
Sister Sobotka

Pics:
1. Apartment 280 sisters
2. Members in our ward know how much I love hot pockets so they buy
them for me every time they go to Costco :)




No comments:

Post a Comment