Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!
This week has been such a great week! We have been just out riding our bikes and talking to everyone and meeting all kinds of interesting people. We began teaching a new guy named Jonathan but apparently he is out of our area:( so we have to pass him off. We taught another guy named Dennis, who lives in his truck and is like 297873 years old, but very sweet and he told us he would come to church but he didn't show:( so that was a little sad, but we still had an amazing lesson with him about the restored gospel!

This week I have really realized how important the restored Gospel really is! Without this Gospel we wouldn't have the Priesthood authority on this earth and we wouldn't be able to perform the ordinances done in the temple like sealing families together forever! haha I know I probably should've realized that along time ago, but this week it really hit me!

One of the best parts of my day is personal study time. I have learned so much in that hour everyday and how much I LOVE THE BOOK OF MORMON! I've realized how important it is to study the scriptures everyday and how much you can learn from the teachings in the scriptures. Even though they were written forever ago, you can relate to pretty much all of it. I know the Book of Mormon was brought forth in our day for a reason:)

On Thursday was Lola's baptism! So we got there about 5:45 and the baptism started at 6:30, and it was like 6:25 and Lola still wasn't there? We started freaking out haha I was a stress case, but then she showed up and she was just crying her eyes out and having an anxiety attack saying she was too scared to be baptized. Then our Bishops wife, Sister Wigginton took her out in the hall and said a prayer with her and then she was okay! It turned out to be a beautiful baptism and it was really cool to have a bunch of non members there! Tony-our street contact even came!

This week while we have been biking I have seriously waved to EVERY SINGLE CAR we have passed! I pretend like I know the people in the car and just act all excited to see them and they get so confused its hilarious! haha Sister Sahm and Sister Suzuki just laugh their heads off so it helps us get through the long days of biking:)

Also, we found out that our other investigator-Josephina, is going to jail next month:( sad huh? It's so sad seeing people you love and care about making poor decisions.

It has been a great week and I really love being a missionary. I have learned so many things out on the mission that I wouldn't have ever learned by staying home. When you think about it I only have 18 months to not worry about school, or a job, or money or anything except serving others...isn't that an amazing opportunity? haha well I hope all of you have a great week! I LOVE YOU! CTR!



--
Love,
Sister Sobotka

No comments:

Post a Comment