Pages

Monday, April 27, 2015

Having Faith in Christ

Hey guys:)

This week was pretty slow...we are still just trying to find more people to teach!  I'll just talk about some interesting things that happened this week.
 

Tuesday we were supposed to have dinner at members house, she just bought us pizza and told us to go pick it up at Dominos so Sister Lavea and i biked over to Dominos, we seriously ate a whole extra large pizza all by ourselves in under 10 minutes...you get so hungry while you are biking! I have been eating so much more than I usually do, haha!
 

Wednesday Sister Lavea had to record singing for a CD they are doing for the mission and then we did some service.

Thursday we had our last District Meeting with our District Leader, Elder Milner, he goes home next week:( that was pretty sad! It was a great meeting and i am really going to miss having him as a district leader! On Thursday night we got the recording of sister lavea's singing and just jammed out to in the car! haha she is really such an amazing singer!

Saturday we participated in Mormon Helping Hands! It was like big Stake service project and we helped clean up a local park! All the other missionaries in our Zone were there as well, another sister came (sis Lavea's last companion) from South Sacramento and we asked her why she was here and she explained that she was going home early! just because the Mission was too hard. She said her companion and herself didn't get along too well so she is going home! So we were both pretty stunned and sad. Sister Lavea started crying and tried to tell her to stay but she already had her plane ticket and made up her mind. I realized that I’m probably going to have a companion that I don't like at some point in my mission but it is so important to just keep trying!

On Saturday night we had a lesson with a recent convert who was baptized in December! We talked about having faith in Christ! I think it was the best lesson I have taught so far, because I really taught with the spirit! I read from Matthew 14 about Peter walking on water. I really love this scripture because it says that right when Peter saw the wind blowing, he was afraid. He was already walking on the water, but when something bad started happening he was afraid and started to sink. I think that so many times in my life I am doing pretty good and then once something bad happens I start to get scared and sink, but right when Peter started to sink he cries out saying, "Lord save me." and IMMEDIATELY Jesus stretched forth his hand. I am so grateful for the knowledge of this gospel and that when you are afraid, Christ will be there reaching out for us and we shouldn't doubt him.

On Sunday we had a baptismal interview with Lola! Lola is 10 and we have been teaching her every Sunday since I arrived in this area, she is good to go!! She should be getting baptized within the next 2 weeks! We are super excited for her:)


Thank you so much for all the support I hope everyone has a great week!!!

Love,
Sister Sobotka



Mormon Helping Hands Service Project


No comments:

Post a Comment