Pages

Monday, April 13, 2015

Confidence in the Lord

Hi Everyone!

This week was really long, considering my companion got 4 flat tires!! I am really learning how to have patience with bikes:) The Zone Leaders came by and showed us how to properly patch a tire but apparently we aren't too good at that. It is so frustrating!

Sister Lavea and I basically LIVE on otter pops, we honestly have like 9 a day. They just remind me of my childhood summers. Sister Lavea had never had one before and now she is addicted! Today we played kick ball at zone sports and Sister Lavea and I were in charge, so we brought a box of 100 otter pops and they were gone within 20 minutes!! Those things are some tender mercies from the Lord;)

This week Sister Lavea and I have been working on being exactly obedient and we have definitely seen the blessings that come from being obedient! We added 2 new investigators this week, unfortunately we already had to drop one:( but we are going to teach the other one tonight so hopefully that goes well!

This Friday at District meeting our District Leader, Elder Milner announced our mission is getting IPADS!!!! we are so excited! our planners, area books, everything will be on the iPads! We will be getting them within the next 2 months, so the whole mission is really excited.

On Saturday night we had dinner with the Bishop and his family! His daughter got home from her mission last week. She was serving in the Tokyo Japan Mission and she had iPads on her mission so she filled us in! It sounds like they will be really effective and so much easier.

I am learning to put my trust in Heavenly Father more than I ever have before! The past few district meetings I have been playing the piano and I get so nervous. Then my District Leader talked to me and said that I should just pray and put my trust in the Lord and so I did and I didn't even mess up on any of the hymns that day! haha I know this is a small example of putting trust in the Lord, but I took that experience and used it through out the week and my teaching has gotten so much better! I realized that being confident in myself is also being confident in the Lord!

We are having our first baptism this week!!!! Well, The AP's have been teaching this guy, Chris in the YSA Ward..but he just got custody of his baby so he moved back in our ward and he is getting baptized on Thursday:) We have only taught him one time because the APs taught him everything else, but yeah we are super excited for him!!

Thank you for all of the kind emails and letters:) I am really blessed with the best family and friends in the world. I hope you all have a great week:)

--
Love,
Sister Sobotka 



Sister Sobotka with some kids








Sister Lavea and Sister Sobotka with some neighborhood kids

No comments:

Post a Comment