Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Moving Apartments


On Tuesday Sister Lavea got a flat tire on her bike (seriously bikes are a pain lol) and so we had to walk back to our apartment like 8 miles away, so that was a little rough but we had some good laughs about it!

Soooo the AP's accidentally sold the lease or whatever on our apartment so we have to move apartments tomorrow to a 3rd floor apartment so that means we will have to carry our bikes up 3 flights of stairs every day!!! hahaha so like for real I am going to be so buff when i get home.

On Thursday we went out to eat with a member in the ward and she took us to a pizza place and there was a tv and ESPN happened to be on and they were showing a spring training MLB game Angels VS Rockies and i just started to tear up hahahah like it just reminded me of my family, but then I remembered a frequently used quote at our house, "There is no crying in baseball" and i just laughed at myself. Sometimes there are times when I really miss my family, but I know this is where I am supposed to be and I don't  think I have ever been happier.

We have been meeting with a less active member in our ward who had a stroke at the age of 23 and 1/2 of her body is paralized, but she has such an amazing attitude. She is so amazing to be around and she always reminds us of how there is so much to be grateful for.

We also met with dreamer this week (the snake lady) we helped her paint her kitchen hahah she likes to do "crafts" but they are really just pine cones with glitter and glue all over them...hahahahah she's seriously the craziest lady but we love going over there. Guess what she gave us for helping her paint her kitchen?...you probably guessed it...Snake skin sheddings!! How kind!!! hahahhahah she said she loves us so much she gave us her very best snake skin shedding off of her own pet snakes!

Well thats about all of the crazy things that have happened this week, but something that really stuck out to me while i was reading in the Book of Mormon this week is how many times it says, "inasmuch as ye will keep my commandments, ye shall prosper in the land" the gospel is so simple if we just keep the commandments. Well I hope all of you have a great week and CTR:)

--
Love,
Sister Sobotka
Letter Dated 3-9-15

















No comments:

Post a Comment