Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Tender Mercies

Dearest family & friends,

Okay so last p-day I was thinking, "I'm just gonna make up a bunch of crazy stuff for next weeks email & see if anyone believes it!" but a ton of crazy stuff actually happened this week so I don't even need to make anything up:) haha!

Wednesday we got a call from this guy we tracted into a few months ago, Rex! He's like 80 something and could barley hear us but we left him with our card & a Book of Mormon & didn't really think much of it. Then on Wednesday when he called us he told us he wanted to come to church this Sunday! We had stake conference so we gave him all the information & he asked if we could get him a ride so we did! In the Folsom stake they have this really awesome meeting before the Sunday session of stake conference for all the new members & returning less actives & investigators! So we had Rex come to that & he said he loved it! It was awesome because a bunch of new members bore their testimonies about the church & how much their lives have changed since they joined. It was really cool & the spirit was incredibly strong. Ah it's so amazing to see people completely change their lives & apply the atonement & become new people. Anyway we hope to teach Rex this week:)

On Saturday we got a call from this random guy asking what time church was and where the church was in El Dorado Hills! We asked him how he got our number & he said he wasn't a member but was recently in Salt Lake & decided to check out temple square & met the missionaries there & got out number online! We told him it was stake conference this weekend, and then he told us he lived in Folsom (aka not our area) haha so we gave him the sisters in folsoms number. I think this was just a way for the Lord to show me, hey there are people being prepared everywhere :) I was just so excited!

Also on Saturday we got to go to a baptism in the El Dorado Stake! Shaye (17 year old girl in Silva Valley Ward) gave us a ride & guess what! We ran out of gas on the way there!!! Hahah, but luckily we ran out right in front of the gas station! (Tender mercy from the Lord;) ) but we still had to get out & push the car a little bit! Haha just imagine these two missionaries in their skirts pushing a car to the gas station. It was actually pretty funny. Anyway we made it to the baptism on time & everything went smoothly:)

Like I mentioned before, we had stake conference this weekend & it was awesome! They talked a lot about looking for the good in the world. This past week I was looking through my journal & there is a place for me to write "miracles" that have happened & I barely had written any & I started thinking, "well nothing miraculous has happened lately" but I then I was like, hey I need to fill up this part in my journal, so I started noticing all the miracles that happen every single day!! I guess it's just really all about perspective :) one of my fav scriptures is 1 Nephi 1:20 where it says, "...the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance"  then in psalms 145:9, "The Lord is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all His works"
The tender mercies of the Lord are literally all over, you just have to stop & look for them Elder Bednar said, "We should not underestimate or overlook the power of the Lord’s tender mercies. The simpleness, the sweetness, and the constancy of the tender mercies of the Lord will do much to fortify and protect us in the troubled times in which we do now and will yet live." & I just love that:) I think I've learned to look at all the simple beauty recently & have just realized how good God is!

I'm sorry this email is about 5 years long! It has been just a great week. I am so grateful to be out here serving my Heavenly Father:) I hope you all take time to stop & look for the Lords tender mercies in your life

Love always,
Sister Sobotka

Pics:
1. Sister Starnes & I at the Sacramento temple
2. The new Folsom zone
3. Sister Starnes & I giving a Book of Mormon to a llama
4. I tried to find something in my bag to eat the other day & found these delicious Reese's






No comments:

Post a Comment