Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

6 Months in EDH

Hi fam & friends:)

We received transfer calls this weekend & guess what! I'm stayin in El Dorado Hills for another 6 weeks & I couldn't be happier :) I'm also staying companions with sister Starnes! I love this area & I love being here at this time. It's crazy that at the end of this transfer I will have spent a total of 6 months here!

Anywhoo...since yesterday wasn't p-day sister Starnes & I decided to do something different so we pulled out our bikes & started riding around, & let me tell ya, they don't call it El Dorado HILLS for nothing!! Hahah after about 2 hours we were sick of that so that idea ended pretty quickly hahah!

We also got to volunteer at the Oak Ridge High School football game again this week & sold popcorn & it was so much fun! I just love the youth in our wards:) we got to talk to a ton of people & the youth in our Ward introduced us to a ton of their friends! I love doing stuff with the youth but I have to come to the realization that I'm not in their age group anymore &I’m just this nerdy sister missionary trying to be cool, hahaha! On Sunday it was the "Youth Program" which is basically like the primary program but for all the youth & 3 sweet 15 year old girls in our Ward (Abby,Chloe, & Marryann) brought 2 of their non member friends to church! Ah I'm just so impressed with the youth here :)

Anyway the rest of the week went great & I’m so happy to be here in El Dorado Hills. I'm learning so much about myself. I think sometimes I get discouraged because we don't have a ton of investigators to teach, but I have to just remind myself of the missionary purpose that says, "invite others to come unto Christ" & that includes active members! I'm so grateful for the members here. I know some are really trying to share the gospel with their friends & I really look up to them for that!

I hope you all have a great week & remember to read your scriptures! Elder Richard G Scott said in his very last General Conference address: "Don’t yield to Satan’s lie that you don’t have time to study the scriptures. Choose to take time to study them. Feasting on the word of God each day is more important than sleep, school, work, television shows, video games, or social media. You may need to reorganize your priorities to provide time for the study of the word of God. If so, do it!"

Hope you all choose to have a good week & choose the right!

Happy 13th birthday Andrew! Mom I can't believe you have 4 teenagers now! Hahah

Also shout out to Lauren, Annie, Bonnie, Tara & Neil for the sweetest package!! Hashtag blessed

Love always,
Sister Sobotka

No comments:

Post a Comment