Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Happy Hump Day!

Happy Monday Everyone!

9 MONTHS WHAT! I can't believe I hit 9 months this week. I'm half way
done with my mission?! I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this.
Mixed emotions for sure, but I’m definitely so happy I decided to
serve a mission! I was thinking about the time I spent biking in
Carmichael & how I wanted to throw my bike off the apartment
balcony...I've come a long way;) hahaha

Sooo this week has been a week of changes! I know last week I said I
would still be with Sister Starnes, but some changes happened & I have
a new companion! It was sad to see Sister Starnes go:( I learned a lot
from her & even started saying "y'all" on accident hahaha super
embarrassing! But I am now companions with Sister Erickson, k so she's
my first Caucasian companion, & she's my first companion from Utah!
But get this...she's a convert! She is literally from Sandy, Utah and
missionaries just happened to knock on her door one day! Hahah crazy
huh? She got baptized when she was 21, & now she's 29!! A whole 10
years older than me! But she is such a sweet heart. She is so kind &
just has a good heart. She's the only member in her family of 5 & man
I just really look up to her.  I know I've said this before, but one
of my fav parts of being a missionary is getting to know other
missionaries & hear how they were raised & their whole story of
deciding to come on a mission. Some people have gone through some hard
things to get here & I just admire those missionaries! I love having a
companion, at times it is really hard & you just want to be alone for
an hour! But I have learned important lessons from every companion, I
have a testimony that transfers really do come from the Lord & He
knows exactly what he's doing.

The rest of the week was pretty chill. We got to go to both Silva
Valley Ward trunk or treat & Oak Ridge wards trunk or treat. A bunch
of families brought their friends which was way cool! We got to talk
to a bunch of them.

On Saturday we helped a boy in our Ward with his eagle project & it
was this huge project of ripping out a billion and a half bushes at
his Highschool & then planing more in a shape of a "V" for vista high.
But it was a HUGE project that literally took all day. I felt bad for
him. Secretly happy I'm not a boy & never had to do an Eagle Scout
project hahaha.

For Halloween we had to be in at 6 & we had a meeting with our zone.
it was a good meeting, we just talked about the importance of the
sacrament. And we should ALWAYS remember our Savior, Jesus Christ &
all that he has done for us.

Anyway, I hope you all have a good week & ALWAYS remember Jesus
Christ. Oh and choose the right & read your scriptures.

Love always,
Sister Sobotka

Pics:

1. HAPPY HUMP DAY WOOT WOOT
2. Shots of chocolate milk for 9 months down
3. Sister Erickson and me at the Temple






 

No comments:

Post a Comment