Pages

Monday, September 28, 2015

Fill your life with meaningful service

Hey everyone!

This week was pretty good. Sad to hear about the passing of Elder Scott:( it's so crazy we will be sustaining 3 new apostles! Our Ward mission leader legit thinks Mitt Romney will be one of them...hahaha bless his heart.

We did a lot of service this week at the thrift shop and the good old folks home :) which is always fun. We found a nasty wig at the thrift shop and took turns taking pictures with it on! (I'll send pictures later) hahaha but that was pretty hilarious, I may or may not have lice. Haha jk.

Saturday night was the General Women's Conference, it gave me that spiritual boost I needed! I absolutely LOVED President Uchtdorf's talk. I love the way he told his story. Something I've learned on my mission is how to be happy. I know I've said this in past emails, but this is the happiest I've ever been in my life and it's the hardest thing I've done in my life! True happiness really does come from serving others. President Uchtdorf said one way to be happy is to fill your life with meaningful things. I've realized while I'm on my mission, my entire life, 24-7, is filled with meaningful things! My absolute favorite quote is by President Hinckley says, "generally speaking, the most miserable people I know are those who are obsessed with themselves; the happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others."

If you want to be happy, then serve:) the closing song we sang at women's conference really stood out to me...it says,

2. Go forth with love to tell the world
The joy of families--
That we may be with those we love
Thru all eternity.
Go forth to serve and do your best
With no thought of reward;
Then you shall know the boundless joy
Of serving Christ, the Lord.

That was my spiritual insight of the week;) ha! Dontchya just love President Uchtdorf? Brother Martin says he has a man crush on him! Hahaha

Anyway the rest of the week went good. One day we went to the park and drew Mormon pictures on the side walk with chalk & wrote mormon.org so hopefully someone will see that & check it out:) we came back the next day & someone had crossed out the 2nd "m" so it said moron.org rude huh?

Anyway thanks for all the emails & letters. I'm so grateful for all of you in my life. You guys are da best!! HAVE A GREAT WEEK! & enjoy General Conference!!!

Love always,
Sister Sobotka

Pics
1. sister Starnes & I
2. A real life pic of us Tracting (thx for the pic elders)
3. Our zone lunch @ Buffalo Wild Wings
4. My 16th birthday


No comments:

Post a Comment