Pages

Monday, September 21, 2015

Good People of El Dorado Hills

Oh hey!

First of all, can you believe it's been a whole year since I received my
call to Sacramento?! Ah I am so happy to be here and the time is just flying
by.

It's been another lovely week in El Dorado Hills! Ok just gonna be
completely honest and say not a lot happened this week. Hahah! But, it
was still a great week! We had interviews with President & Sister
Jardine this week which is always good. We talked about what it means
to me a disciple of Jesus Christ.

I know, I talk about how amazing this area is all the time, but
it seriously has the best people. I am just blown away at how many
good people there are. It makes me happy to see how strong the people
in the church are all over the world.

We had dinner with the Ales family this past week and I just
absolutely love this family. They are so down to earth and just
genuinely good people. I think one of my favorite parts of being a
missionary is going to families houses for dinner, you get to see how
other people live and meet so many cool families. If ya think about it,
it's such an amazing opportunity to serve a mission.

This past week I've been thinking a lot about how people say missions
are a "sacrifice" (this is super embarrassing because my whole
farewell talk was about how a mission is a sacrifice hahah) but it's
truly such a privilege to be serving my Heavenly Father for 18 months
of my life. When will I ever get the chance to not worry about school,
or money or anything except doing the Lords work 24-7 ever again?

On Saturday we helped with the "Folsom Community Day of Service" we
helped pick up tons of bags for a food drive! It was so much fun and so
many people were there. We filled our entire car full of food! We
were even on the news for it since our car was the fullest! Just tryin
to be famous.

Anyway things are going really well with Sister Starnes! We have been
able to visit a lot of less actives this week and try to help build
their faith:) We are also committing all the member families to invite
someone to the trunk or treat Ward activity!

Well that's about all I have to report on! But also...HAPPY 18
BIRTHDAY TAYLOR!!!!!! Omg I can't believe you're 18 years old. I hope
you're having a fun senior year:)

Love,
Sister Sobotka

Sister Sobotka with her companion Sister Starnes

No comments:

Post a Comment