Pages

Monday, September 14, 2015

Have I Done Any Good?

Good Morning :)

I just feel like I have so much to write this week but, I'll try to keep it short.

I just first want to start off saying that I love being a Missionary. I know I just sound like the biggest nerd ever saying that but ah I just love having this privilege of sharing my testimony everyday.

So I gave a talk in church yesterday & guess what!!!! I still hate public speaking :)) haha I don't know if I'll ever not be nervous when I'm giving a talk. But I don't think it went horrifically terrible! Sister Starnes & I were both asked to speak, & we got the call Saturday night! Ha!

This past week has just been really good. I absolutely love Sister Starnes! She is always so happy and positive. She makes it so easy to get stuff done since she's always so optimistic :) I really love working with her!

Last night we had an amazing lesson with the Sorenson boys! It was at the Stones home & all the Stone boys were there!!! Ah they remind me SO MUCH of Taylor, McKay, and Andrew. We played ping pong with them & man it just made me miss my little brothers so much. Then we had the lesson. The Sorenson boys have been taught one of the lessons, but hadn't been taught the first lesson yet so we got to teach the Restoration. The spirit was so strong during the lesson and Kyle told us he would start praying about a date for baptism :) it's amazing how you can feel the spirit testifying of truth while you're teaching. They are seriously the cutest sweetest little boys. Also, their Grandma was there as well & you could tell she really felt the spirit! We asked her to read the Book of Mormon & she said it would be an honor!! So some great things are happening with them:)

Also I forgot to write about this, but a few weeks ago Sister Kauvaka & I were out visiting some less active members and we got kind of "lost" but we saw this moving truck outside of a house & I remember having a district meeting at the beginning of my mission & my district leader said, "if you ever see a moving truck, stop what you're doing and help" so that's what we did! We got out and asked these two girls if they needed help and they accepted:) so we called some elders and helped them move to these apartment in the elders (APs) area. I was so happy we were able to help. I wrote down their address & sent the referral to the Assistants. Then last night the Assistants texted us & said they went & met the girls & they are super interested in learning about the church & accepted to hear the lessons :) AHH a miracle!

Well everything else is going great! I am so happy out here. I honestly love every minute of being a missionary. I love getting to meet new people & share this amazing message with everyone (I know I sound so cheesy) but this is sincere:) even though I'm getting fat I still love being out here. Haha! It's such a privilege getting to serve my Heavenly Father for 18 months of my life. I am so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I absolutely love how Heavenly Father has created this amazing plan for us to return to live with him again. How we can change and repent and become better people everyday.

I hope you all choose to have a great week this week & remember everything your Savior has done for you. I know I've talked about this before, but I really love the hymn “Have I done any good" especially the 2nd verse where it says:  "There are chances for work all around just now, opportunities right in our way. Do not let them pass by, saying, 'sometime I'll try,' but go and do something today."  Heavenly Father puts opportunities to do good right in our way! But it's our responsibilities to act on those. I hope you all look for those opportunities every single day and help those around you.

I love you!! Choose to make it a good week:)

Love,
Sister Sobotka

No comments:

Post a Comment