Pages

Monday, August 31, 2015

The Power of the Everyday Missionary

Hey friends & family:)

I love being a missionary!

It has been such a great week. Okay so not a TON happened this week, but the McGills came to sacrament meeting!!! HOLLA! That was definitely the highlight of the week:) hopefully we will get to meet with them again this week!

This week I've realized how much I take for granted, especially that I know I have a loving Heavenly Father. There are so many people who don't even know they have a LOVING HEAVENLY FATHER. I read Alma 30 this week & I love love love verse 44 where it says, "all things denote there is a God; yea even the earth and all the things that are upon the face of it, yes and it's motion, yea and also the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator."

I've just been thinking about this verse a lot lately. We went on a walk with these less active members in our Ward in the evening & the sun was setting & it just felt amazing outside. Summer evenings witness to me that there is a God:) we went to a park & shared a short message with them & it just felt so good to sit in the green grass!! (Ha I sound like my mom right now) anyway I'm just grateful for the knowledge I have that there is a loving Heavenly Father who truly cares about each and everyone of us:) how lucky are we??

In our Oak Ridge Ward we need some serious help with missionary work! Haha so Bro Andersen(our Ward mission leader) and Sis Allen(Ward missionary) and Sis Kauvaka & I decided to start a Sunday school class called "The Power of the Everyday Missionary" it's basically 8 weeks & 10 couples from the Ward that the bishopric chooses come to our class & we read the book "The Power of the Everyday Missionary" by Clayton Christenson...okay this is super important for all you people who are at home, you all NEED to read it! We got permission from our mission president to read it so we can help teach the class & it is so amazing!! It's a short book, but it's an awesome read & I learned sooo much!! I know all of you have opportunities to share the gospel all the time;) even if you live in utah! Joseph Smith even said, "After all has been said, the GREATEST and MOST IMPORTANT duty is to preach the gospel" So you all need to get on that;) anyway the class went great yesterday and the members are excited to do missionary work. Sister Allen taught the class yesterday & started off by letting everyone know the last baptism in this Ward was over 2 years ago!!! & the Ward has had a total of 3 baptisms in the last 5 years. Hahaha so everyone is determined to change that:)

Well the rest of the week was great! I can't even believe I hit my 7 month mark? It seems like o just hit 6. But ah I am so happy I decided to serve a mission. I absolutely love it here!! Transfer calls are this week so I'm kinda nervous to see what will happen!! Everything is goin great:) I think my fav part about serving in this area is the youth!! There are so many awesome kids in these wards & I love getting to know them. It makes me miss my little siblings at home.

Anyway I hope you all have an awesome week of school & studying & homework:) heheh & keep the McGills in your prayers!!!!

Love always,
Sister Sobotka

No comments:

Post a Comment