Pages

Monday, August 3, 2015

Attitude is Everything/Almost hit a deer



It was another good week in the mission field:) So this week I totally recommitted myself to working super hard this transfer! Sister Kauvaka and I have been exactly obedient and have been really pushing ourselves! So last week we met a family of 4 and we went by to go see them saturday night and we knew hey we're home but then they didn't answer:( so we texted the mom and reminded her about church on Sunday! So we prayed super hard they would be there...then about 10 minutes before church started we got a text from her saying, "the day after you 2 sweet ladies came over our old pastor called us and invited us to go back to our old church! We know this was a sign from God that we shouldn't try out your church" and I just got so frustrated and started to cry. Anyway that was pretty devastating but I'm positive the Lord is still preparing people in our area! This past week we've been putting more information from the area books into our iPads and I realized there has only been 1 baptism in the Oak Ridge Ward in 5 years!!! Crazy right? But we are seriously putting in all our trust and faith in the Lord that we will be able to find more people to teach:) I've really realized that attitude is EVERYTHING! Everything is so much easier if you just decide to be happy:) 2 of The Sorenson boys came to church yesterday, the oldest one cut his leg open Saturday night so he couldn't come:( but he got some gnarly stitches!! But I love the Sorenson boys. Probably one of the cutest families I've met in my life! We are still waiting for the Stone dad (member in our Ward) to get home so we can continue teaching them the lessons!

oh my gosh I ALMOST a hit a deer the other night!!! I just screamed and let go of the wheel (idk I had a freak out) hahahah and Sister Kauvaka grabbed the wheel and was just laughing her head off, but it was so freaky! Lol she said, "why did you let go of the wheel?" And I just didn't really know what to say except the Carrie underwood song, "Jesus Take The Wheel" lolol but don't worry I didn't kill any Deer! The only bad thing was that the dumb tiwi went off and yelled, "AGGRESSIVE DRIVING!"

Our zone is totally different this transfer! I really love the sisters in the zone. Sister Hickman, Sister Briggs & sister Kauvaka! A bunch of missionaries went home this past week and a bunch of new missionaries came In! We have 2 greenie elders in the zone and I think they're adapting well haha idk. President Jardine said after next transfer 47% of the missionaries in the mission will have been out less than 4.5 months??! Crazy huh? I guess summer is when they have a huge turn over of missionaries.

Last night we had dinner with the Martins (the members we live with) and I just love them so much. They are like my mission grandparents. They are the kindest people! We had mashed potatoes and steak and asparagus...it was seriously like having Sunday dinner at home:) (dad your mashed potatoes are still better) being around the martins and their extended family makes me miss my family so much! But I am so grateful for them in having us live with them❤️ I really look up the the Martins.

Yesterday at church I was getting so discouraged and frustrated that we have no one to teach. I guess our zone is the lowest baptizing zone in the mission!!! it's just different because everyone here has a lot of money and doesn't think they need religion! But, then we had a lesson in relief society on being happy for the success of others haha! #Chastised I realized I just need to do the best I can and continue working hard and good things will come! Miracles only come after the trial of your faith right? :) we got together as a zone the other night and talked about how important it is to have a positive attitude while serving here! I really LOVE serving in the El Dorado Hills area!! I'm so happy to be here and the members here are amazing, we just need the work to pick up! But other than that, I love being a missionary! I love this gospel & the opportunity I have to share it with others.

I hope you all have a wonderful week:)))

Love,
Sister Sobotka

No comments:

Post a Comment