Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

I love my new area!

June 22, 2015

 Hi family & friends :)
(Warning this is a long email...but it's good so read it)
Ok, soooo I absolutely LOVE my new area! It is completely different than my last area, it's actually the exact opposite. It is so nice here in El Dorado Hills. We live with a member in their separate guest house & they basically live in a mansion!! They have a pool and ping pong table and 2 guest houses and yeah basically they are loaded$ just like EVERYONE else in this area! Some of the biggest houses I have seen in my life are in this area!! It's gorgeous here!

We are covering 2 wards and one of the wards is just a huge gated community where you aren't allowed to proselyte at all in that ward so you have to work with the members, which I LOVE! The members here are amazing. I am blown away at how excited they are about missionary work. My first night here we had dinner with the nicest family, the Danielson’s. They are the cutest family and Brother Danielson was like, "ya know what...I could be hanging out with my member friends all the time but how is that going to help bring people into the Gospel?” Their family is amazing and are so willing to help! I am so blown away by the differences between these wards and my last area.

My new companion is Sister Kauvaka! She is Tongan & really sweet, she's stressed out leading the area but she is such a sweet heart. I love that none of my companions have been white or from Utah because I get to learn so much about other cultures and I love it!! I like being the senior companion and kinda being in charge hahah. Sister Kauvaka is the most directionally challenged person I have ever met in my life!!! You're all probably laughing because you thought I was directionally challenged! But no, she is horrible and we get lost SOOOO MUCH hahah but I think I've got it almost figured out. Anyway I guess this is a tough area to be in because there are a lot of wealthy people who are happy with their lives and don't think they need religion, but I love it here, I LOVE working with these members! I'm excited to see what we can do in this area.

Yesterday, since we have 2 wards and 2 ward councils we had 8 hours of church but I really liked it! I got called up on the spot to bare my testimony in one ward so that was kinda freaky ha but it went well! In relief society we talked about the importance of the Holy Ghost and how important it is to have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost. President Ezra Taft Benson said, “I have said so many times to the brethren that the Spirit is the most important single element in this work. With the Spirit and magnifying your call, you can do miracles for the Lord in the mission field. Without the Spirit you will never succeed regardless of your talent and ability.”  I have realized the importance of doing things by the spirit and how you do need the Lords help in every aspect of life.

I absolutely love being a missionary! I love this Gospel so much and I am so grateful to be sharing it with others. I am so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ and that we can change through it. I have been studying the talk, "His Grace is Sufficient" by Brad Wilcox lately (if ya haven't heard it you should listen to it) and it's truly amazing that Christ has payed for all of our sins and we just need to try harder and harder everyday. I've learned how much easier life is if you just take it day by day. I always think, "I just need to be a little better today than I was yesterday"

Anyway I'm sorry this email is so long, but I hope you know I love you all so much. I have realized how blessed I am with the most amazing family and friends. Thank you for all the letters and emails you all send, I can't tell you how much they mean to me & I save them all! Let me know if I can do anything for any of you:) I LOVE YOU!!!!!

Love,
Sis Sobotka
Sister Sobotka and Kauvaka with their District

Sister Kauvaka and Sister Sobotka





No comments:

Post a Comment