Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

Homesick



This week everything finally hit me.

One morning I was getting ready and I realized that I am not going to see my family for 18 months! I realized how much I missed my family and I finally realized what I had gotten myself into. I just started to cry and my companion and I just cried for about an hour about how we missed our families.  But I guess that had to happen sometime!

This week on Wednesday we had exchanges and I was companions with Sister Barfuss for the day.   It made me realize how grateful I am for my real companion Sister Lavea!

On Thursday we went and visited a Less Active member, Sister Kerns...she is really over weight so it is hard for her to stand.   We cleaned her kitchen... dirty dishes were piled up everywhere and it smelled sooo awful, but i just held my breath and cleaned. It took us about 2 hours and Sister Lavea and I were trying really really hard not to gag! So all of you who are at home be so grateful for your moms and that she keeps a clean kitchen.

We have 2 investigators right now.   Lola who is 10 and is so adorable.  Jo Anne, her husband passed away last year and she had us clean his car this week which was pretty fun and then she bought us pizza which was so nice of her!

This week I have really recognized the importance of the gospel being taught in the home. There is such a big difference when you go into someones home and you know the parents have really focused on having a Christ centered home. I hope all of you remember to read your scriptures with your family or even just have family prayer everyday because by small and simple things, great things are brought to pass:)

I hope all of you have a great week and remember to CTR.

--
Love,
Sister Sobotka




My District




No comments:

Post a Comment