Pages

Monday, February 16, 2015

I made it to Sacramento

Hey Everyone!

I made it to Sacramento!

I flew in on Tuesday and was picked up at the airport by President Jardine and his wife, along with the 2 AP's Elder Shaw and Elder Gray.  Elder Shaw is 6'10 and is playing basketball for BYU next year and they are both super cool!  We went to the Sacramento Temple grounds and walked around and they have so many different kinds of flowers and trees around the temple.  It is so pretty!  We went into the chapel and talked about the importance of missionary work.  When we came out of the temple, the sun was setting and it was so beautiful.  I was overcome with a sense of peace and a feeling that this is exactly where I need to be right now.  After that, we had dinner at the mission home and got to know the Mission President.  We slept at a member’s home near the mission home that night and then the next morning we got out new companions/trainers.  It was sad saying goodbye to my MTC Companion, Sister Marks!  I learned a lot from her:)

My new companion is Sister Lavea from Auckland New Zealand!  Which is really cool because that is where my Dad served his mission.  I love Sister Lavea and I have already learned so much from her.  She is one of the most Christ-like people I  have ever met (right behind my mom) and she is an amazing singer!  She also can beat box which is really sweet!  I am currently serving in the La Sierra Ward in Carmichael!  It is gorgeous here!   So many trees and it's so green!  The members in our ward are so awesome and we have dinner at a members house every single night.  The first 3 nights in a row we had SPAGHETTI!!!! (for those of you who don't know I love spaghetti and it was the last meal I had before I went into the MTC) haha so I really knew that I was put in this area for a reason;)  It's amazing to see all the little, tender mercies the Lord places in your life when you look for them!

We ride our bikes almost everywhere which is really fun, but I get soooo sore.   hahaha!  I’m going to have super buff legs when I get back and as you can see in the picture below I look really good in a helmet;) hahahaha!! (jk I look like the biggest nerd) when we don't bike (pretty much only on P-days) we have a car and I get to drive because my companion is from New Zealand and her license is not recognized here! We get lost a lot because we are both new to this area, but we are figuring things out:)

We are really lucky and have a piano in our apartment so sister lavea and i take turns practicing. It is amazing the spirit you can feel while listening to church music!

I've got to meet so many different people already and I am so happy here. I have never felt this kind of happiness in my life. I am so grateful to have this opportunity to be out here serving the Lord. It's like I feel the spirit all day long and I am so close to my Heavenly Father.  I love getting to know people and see what they have been through and that everyone can change through the power of the Atonement!

Love,
Sister Sobotka
Sister Sobotka and Sister Lavea.  First Area.  Carmichael, California

Sister Sobotka and Sister Lavea selfie on the bikes

Sister Marks and Sister Sobotka Sacramento Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment