Pages

Monday, May 9, 2016

Press Forward

Hey everyone!!

Happy Late Mother's Day. I hope all of you lovely Moms had a great day
and know how much your kids appreciate you all!  Elder Holland said it
best, "To all Mothers in every circumstance, including those who
struggle--and all will--I say, “Be peaceful. Believe in God and
yourself. You are doing better than you think you are."

This week has been good! To be honest, there's not a lot going on
right now hahah it's been kinda a rough week, but I'll share a
funny/sad moment with you all:

One day this week Sister Koyle and I were biking out in the rain, it
had just been a really rough morning. We tried to see one of our
investigators, we biked by her house and she saw us & literally ran
inside to hide from us!! We were so upset. I tried to stay positive,
because I could tell Sister Koyle was really hurt. We read the "No
effort is wasted" section in Preach My Gospel and tried to continue on
our day. We kept biking and talking to everyone, we met some pretty
contentious people! Nobody wanted to talk with us. By this point I was
starting to get a little bit sad, but I didn't want Sister Koyle to
know! I don't like people knowing when I'm sad, haha! I felt like our
area was falling apart and I couldn't understand why. Nobody wanted to
talk to us! It was pouring rain and we were biking! I kept praying in
my heart that something would work out. We kept biking, then Sister
Koyle hit a curb wrong and wrecked!!  She just started to cry, not
because she was injured but because it had been a rough day. I got off
my bike and started to cry too. I sat with her on the side of the road.
2 sister missionaries sitting on a puddle on the side of the road in
the pouring rain- it was a pretty pathetic sight to say the least
hahaha. We couldn't help but laugh with tears in our eyes at how awful
the day had been. We looked up as a car drove past that had a bumper
sticker that said, "Smile, God loves you" we both started to laugh and I
thought how God definitely has a sense of humor. We hopped back on our
bikes and kept going. I learned a lot during this day! How now matter
what happens, God is always with us and to just smile because our
Heavenly Father loves us, when the bike knocks you down on the wet
pavement you just got hop back on and keep going! We were able to find a
new investigator that day, we were able to push through the trials of
the day! It felt good. To lay in bed at the end of the day and say "I
pushed through." I thought of the scripture, 2 Nephi 31:20 "Ye must
press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect
brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men..." and how we MUST
press forward and keep going!  To continue to love God and all of His
children.

Haha anyway it was so good to talk to the family:) so grateful God put
us into families, i’m just so blessed. Anyway keep choosing the right
& reading your scriptures❤️

Love always,
Sis Sobotka

1. Skype call
2. Elvis is in the building
3. My cutie companion
4. This huge tree!!!!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment