Pages

Monday, January 25, 2016

I Heart Trios

Dear Family & Friends,

This week has been one of the funnest weeks of my mission! I got put into a trio last week and was transferred to the Sacramento Zone! We cover a ward in Elk Grove. My 2 new companions are: Sister Polatis & Sister Sili and I absolutely love them!!! Everyone hates on trios, but this is my 2nd one and I've loved my trios. Okay, Sister Polatis is from Blackfoot Idaho and she is your typical farm girl! She grew up on a giant potato farm and knows everything about potatoes and she's such a hard worker and she is hilarious!! It's her 3rd transfer out and she is just such a good little missionary, I love her. My other companion is Sister Sili! It's her last transfer of her mission :( and She's straight from Tonga!! My 5th Polynesian companion.  I can't even explain how much I love my Polynesian companions!! They are just full of love for everyone:) she is also hilarious!! I swear we spend so much time laughing. It has seriously just been such a good week! We live in apartment with 2 other sisters! They are sign language sisters! They're pretty cool too.

We are pretty much full time biking, I love this area!! It's not too ghetto, but there is a small section of south sac which is kinda hood haha! Also the work here is great!! We have seen so many miracles this week! One day we were out biking around and a 14 year old boy in our ward was walking home from school, we asked him if he knew anyone in the area who could use a message and he's like "yeah try that house with the red car" so we went and tried it. The house had a whole family who was super interested!!! They told us to come back the next day, we went and taught the restoration and the spirit was so strong!! They told us to come back this week! Ahh it was so cool!! Also, there is this lady, Cathy, who missionaries have been teaching for years who just decided to get baptized!! She's getting baptized on feb 6! We had an awesome lesson with her this week and wow she is just so prepared:) We had another miracle! While we were out street contacting we started talking to this lady and her 2 kids, she said her sons friend had just passed away and he was really confused about what happens after death, she said they'd been watching a video online about it. In my head I was thinking "oh no...they went to the Internet to find out about life after death" then the little girl started quoting a video and I recognized the words, it was the video from Mormon.org!! I was so stunned! They said they feel peace and comfort watching those videos, they said they would love to hear more about the plan of salvation so we set up an appointment with them as well!! Ah I'm just so happy and excited:)

Okay so something else super crazy happened this week! One night when we were biking home Sister Polatis was just being all crazy while she was biking and we were going pretty fast!! So I yelled out "hahah Sister Polatis stop!" and right as I said that she crashed soo hard!! and she was right in front of me and I slammed on my breaks as hard as I could but I totally ran her over!!! Hahahaha it was the scariest thing of my life! Then I flew off my bike. I ran over to her to make sure she was okay and she was just laughing so hard! I apologized like 2790 times and sister Sili was just laughing so hard. Ah I felt so bad!! We were both okay and biked home! The next day we woke up soo sore with bruises all over our bodies and only a few little scrapes:) but it was seriously hilarious.

This week has just been the best. We all work so well together and have so much fun! I love this area and I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father has a plan and how sometimes we just have to take a step back and realize that He is in charge.





Sister Polatis, Sister Sili and Sister Sobotka

Sister Polatis, Sister Sili and Sister Sobotka









No comments:

Post a Comment