Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Having a Firm Foundation in Christ

Dear Family & Friends,

Sis Hickman and I both have been super sick this week. I felt terrible because it was her last week! Poor thing. But we pushed through. I have absolutely loved this transfer with her. She is a big sister to me and will always be a missionary I want to be like! She has taught me so much this transfer. She has been straight up with me and has helped me improve so much!! We will stay close:)

We are still teaching Lee & Susan! They are both such awesome people and totally have testimonies, but they just don't come to church!!! It's so frustrating. Every time we teach the the spirit is so strong and I absolutely love teaching them. Every lesson they say "I will for sure be at church this week"  then every week they aren't there!! Hahah ugh.

This week I've been thinking a lot about my moms heart attack which happened 2 years ago this week! I thought about how it happened when I was a senior in high school and it was the beginning of 2014, I had just made a New Years goal that I wanted to have a better relationship with my Heavenly Father. Who woulda thought that 9 days later I would be hit with the hardest trial of my life!! Anyway, I've been thinking about that night we found out that she'd be having open heart surgery the next day. I remember driving to the Provo hospital with my siblings in tears. When we arrived in her hospital room I remember walking in and seeing tears in both of my parents eyes. My dad explained she'd be having an 8 hour open heart surgery the next day. I remember feeling so nervous and scared!! I don't remember too much of what happened next, but there is one experience I will never forget...We all knelt down on the hospital floor around my moms hospital bed and said a family prayer, not knowing if it would be our last. During the prayer I remember feeling an incredible amount peace and love. I remember feeling that no matter what happened that everything was going to be alright. I felt the love of my Heavenly Father so fully in that hospital room that night. Through this trial I learned so many lessons that helped me become the person I am today. I realize now that Heavenly Father gives us those hard trials to help us grow. I grew closer to my Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ. I became a better person through this trial. I realized the importance of having a firm foundation in Christ, because when those winds blow they will have no power over you!!

We got transfer calls this week and I am staying in Goethe Park Ward and will be training a new missionary! I'm nervous and excited! I just hope I can help her as much as Sister Lavea helped and loved me when I was a scared little new missionary! We saw the list of new missionaries and there is a Sister coming in from American Fork! So who knows, maybe I'll be training an AF homie! hahah! She flies in today and I'll be with her tomorrow.

It's going to be so hard for me to say goodbye to Sister Hickman tomorrow! We have had so much fun together, from getting our ipads stolen, to biking for hours, to teaching some amazing lessons. I will always be so grateful for her.

I hope you all have a great week and remember to read your scriptures and CTR!!!

Love always,
Sister Sobotka

No comments:

Post a Comment