Pages

Monday, July 13, 2015

Fat Kitty City

Heyyyyy family & friends

This week has been another awesome week in the Sacramento Mission. Oh yeah happy 7-11 I hope you all got free slurpees because we didn't because there is no 7-11 in our zone!!! Anyway...this week we have been tracting like crazy and just tryin to find some people to teach! Most people are really nice while tracting but have their "own religion" :(

On Tuesday we went to this place “Slide Belt" it's this LDS guys company that he started and it's just basically these cool belts & they give away 2 free ones to every missionary! So we went over there because a lady in our Ward works there & then she took us out to lunch at Chipotle so that was super nice of her! Then we went and tried to visit every single former investigator but basically no one was home:( then we tracted into this one guy who just wanted to argue everything about the Book of Mormon! He said his best friend is a member & he has tried to read the Book of Mormon but he says it doesn't match up with the bible & I didn't want to have any contention so I just listened to him, but my companion just started arguing with stuff him and they got all heated haha but I just said we weren't there to argue and tried to calm things down. That just got me a little discouraged, I don't understand why people have to act so rudely :( but then the next morning I read the talk by Jeffrey R Holland "The Cost--and Blessings--of Discipleship" and it talks about how we should always stand up for our beliefs even when it's hard.

On Wednesday we got trained on our Area Book App thingy on the iPad...basically we have to take both of area books and enter every single paper into the area book app! & it takes forever!!! & we have 2 area books! Most missionaries aren't very excited or happy about this haha & the app is just super confusing & overwhelming, but I'm sure it will all work out:)

Our Ward mission leader, Brother Anderson taught us how to make Italian soda lol I'm learning how to be a great bar tender. Hehe. Ohhh on Friday we went to this NASTY cat place to volunteer...it's called "fat kitty city" & it's basically this huge cat sanctuary! There are over 200 cats there and our zone leaders signed us up to volunteer there...we picked up cat poop for like 2 hours!!! It was sooo disgusting, just imagine all these nasty cats walking around trying to touch you and ew it was just so nast. So yeah sister Kauvaka & I probably won't be going there again any time soon.

Sister Kauvaka's parents sent her an iPod this week so we have just been jammin out in the car! (To church music of course) most the songs are pretty lame like 90's seminary music or something, but there is one song I love! It's like an upbeat version of "have I done any good in the world today" & I really just love this hymn, I especially love the 2nd verse where it says, "There are chances for work all around just now, opportunities right in our way. Do not let them pass by, saying sometime I'll try, but go and do something today" I've realized that there really are opportunities to do good right in our way every single day & Heavenly Father puts those opportunities there for a reason & it's our job to do something :)

I hope you are all havin a fun summer & gettin super tan for me. I love you, choose the right.

Sister Sobotka


No comments:

Post a Comment