Pages

Monday, December 14, 2015

Let Every Heart Prepare Him Room

Hello Everybody,

It was a good crazy week in Rancho Cordova! I am trying to remember everything that happened, it's just been crazy. Last Tuesday we had a miracle happen! We were out visiting some less active people that the Relief Society President had asked us to see and we ran into a guy named Tommy who was outside one of the houses. He happened to be a less active member who had just been through a ton in his life. Sister Hickman started testifying to him of The Book of Mormon and he agreed to meet with us and to learn more about the gospel. He fell away when he was a teenager, but he just has been going through a lot lately and felt it was time to kind of turn his life around. We got to meet with him later in the week and he is just a really good guy. I’m just so grateful the spirit led us to that place to be there at that time.

This week we had the opportunity to go see the Live Nativity that the Folsom Stake(last area) put on. It was amazing!! It was way better than that live nativity up in alpine we always go to (lol no offense). The spirit was so strong there and I was just tearing up. I've realized that I'm acting more and more like my Mom since I've been on my mission. hahah in a good way;) The nativity was such a good reminder to me of how the Savior was born in the most humble of circumstances yet he is the Son of God! We sang, "Joy to the world" this week at one of our ward Christmas parties and the line "let every heart prepare Him room" has really stood out to me this week. During the Christmas season how everyone is extremely busy I hope you all find room in your heart to remember the Savior and his atoning sacrifice for all of us. WE ARE SO BLESSED!!

The rest of the week went well. We literally went to 5 ward Christmas parties, it was a good chance to meet all the ward members! Ah I’m so lost here, but I’m trying to figure everything out. I still love being with Sister Hickman. She's such a hard worker and good example to me. We've been biking this week and it's been really fun just talking to everyone. I'm just so happy to be serving my Heavenly Father. I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!!!

Love,
Sister Sobotka 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment